Apparel Breakdown #5 ( Halloween costume )
A Clockwork Orange.
American Apparel X Lookbook.nu Halloween Contest entry.
Shot by Anthony Willis
This year for Halloween, I decided to go as Alex Delarge from the novel and book A Clockwork Orange. A favorite film of mine by Stanley Kubrick just came to life. Here's my breakdown of my costume.
|Alex full body outfit from the film.|
|Me in costume.|
Every year like I said on my previous entry that I would just look inside my closet and see what I have in there. Here's the breakdown of the upper body:
|Half body shot.|
- The shirt and suspenders were both from American Apparel. The suspenders were $15.00 while the shirt was purchased at a thrift store for $5.00
- The hat was from Urban Outfitters for $48.00. Quite pricey but also totally worth it. Originally, I was going to wear a bowler like from the film but I just wasn't feeling it. That's when I settled with the fedora, it's similar and added my own twist with it.
|A variation with vintage leather gloves.|
- The jeans were also from American Apparel that was also bought at a thrift store for $8.00
- The jockstrap (which is not a regular thing) was purchased at Modell's for $7.00
- Finally, vintage army boots that was purchased at a NYC flea market for $25.00
|Malcolm McDowell as Alex DeLarge.|
HAPPY FUCKIN' HALLOWEEN YA'LL!!!