How To Do Tailoring with Farfetch with Q&As.
" Tailoring is making a steady comeback into the lives of even the most streetwear-obsessed men. Here, three men – with very different approaches to style – share how they’re making the suit work for them. " - Farfetch.
I recently collaborated with Farfetch again to pick my edits this season along with answering questions.
CHECK OUT MY EDITS HERE.
1. What’s your age and full name? What name would you like to be referred to throughout the article on the Farfetch website?
My name is Dennis Balmaceda and I'm 31 yrs old. I'd prefer to be named Denny Balmaceda.
2. What do you do for a living?
I have been a content creator for about 10 years now and because of that I develop skills in photography, styling, editing and creative direction. Since the day I started to this day, everything I've done has been my creative direction. I'm very particular of my branding which is a mixture of modern vintage and pop culture references. You can see most of my looks are inspired by my favorite films and music with my own spin on it.
3. How long have you lived in your city?
I've lived New Jersey almost my whole life. I grew up in a small town called Bayonne and moved to Jersey City around 2012.
4. Which neighbourhood do you live in?
Downtown Jersey City.
5. Where you were born?
I was born in Manila, Philippines and moved to the United States when I was 9 years old.
6. Where are you in the picture you sent? Why did you choose that location?
I'm a few blocks away from apartment and shot the photos in a location called Dixon Mills. It's actually an old pencil factory turned condos. I chose that location because it fits my outfit perfectly. With the way I shoot and present my photos, the location definitely needs to coincide with what I am wearing.
7. How would you describe the way you dress?I always call myself a fashion chameleon because I am not afraid to do every form of fashion genres. One day, I'll be super dapper then the next, I would be full western and sometimes, you can catch me wearing streetwear but all of these looks still breathes my essence. I like to put my own spin current trends as well as creating new trends. I would say my signature look is whichever Stetson hat I'm wearing along with my long hair and goatee.
8. What are you obsessed with at the moment?
I'm always obsessed with a lot of things but I've been really obsessed with vintage bell bottoms for the past 3 years now.
9. What could you never live without?I can't live without my cats but if we're talking fashion, I would say, I can't live without my cowboy hats. haha.
10. What’s been your proudest professional achievement?
Ah yes! I am truly fortunate how my career turned out! I mean, I was just a lost high school graduate kid who had nothing going for him until blogging found me. I lived in my parents home, in my childhood bedroom, until I was 23 years old and worked so hard to be able to afford my apartment now with a walk-in closet the same size as my childhood bedroom. Amongst all my achievement, I think my greatest one is actually making it on my own while staying true to myself.
11. Who do you look to on Instagram for style inspiration day to day?Haha, I don't want to sound like a snob but I don't look at other people's style for inspiration. My inspirations have always come from movies and past fashion icons.
12. How do you do dressed up?
It really depends on my mood. Sometimes, I get really into particular style for a month and then move on to the next one. I'm all over the place, I'd like to think of it as a beautiful mess.
13. How do you make occasion wear your own?
I love this! I actually love to add mini accessories that screams me. Like for example, instead of a tie and dress shoes with a suit, I'd go for a bolo tie and cowboy boots to add my spin on it. I'm more comfortable that way.