BRANDS I LOVE: Allen Edmonds.



OVERVIEW 

THAT'S RIGHT. THE SHOE FOR THE MAN WHO KNOWS THAT POWER AND RESPONSIBILITY ARE NOT MUTUALLY EXCLUSIVE BUT INSTEAD INEXTRICABLY JOINED HAS BEEN UPDATED. BY LIFTING THE UPPER WE’VE NOT ONLY MADE THE ICONIC LONG WING MORE PROMINENT, WE’VE ALSO BALANCED THE SHOE’S STRONG DEMEANOR WITH A DURABLE OIL-INFUSED DOUBLE BUTYL OUTSOLE. WHILE THE TRADITIONAL BROGUEING HIGHLIGHTS THE TIME-HONORED HANDCRAFTING THAT GOES INTO THESE BLUCHERS, THE CUSHIONED PORON INSOLE AND CONTRAST TAN LINING GIVE THEM A YOUTHFUL PRESENCE THAT ALLOWS THEM TO BE WORN ON YOUR COMMUTE, AT YOUR JOB AND ON THE TOWN WITHOUT MISSING A BEAT. "

My Love for ALLEN EDMONDS...

...began in my youth. My father has always been a fan of beautiful shoes and I remember him never leaving the house without carefully choosing and polishing his shoes. In his youth, my dad was quite posh and very particular when it came to brands, considering Allen Edmonds to be a top pick for aesthetic and practical purposes. From wingtips, to monk straps and loafers, he really had them all. I actually wish he and I were the same size because I would have loved to carry on the legacy of wearing his collection. However, being an avid thrifter and vintage connoisseur, I've been able to collect my share of vintage Allen Edmonds. The main thing I love about this brand is it's timelessness. When paired side by side, a style from the current AE collection and one from the 80s doesn't look as though they are separated by decades. Instead, each pair look classic and current.

Hearing about the recent Allen Edmonds $100 off promotion, I jumped at the opportunity to grab a pair of MacNeil 2.0 wingtips. I've been looking for a new pair of versatile brogues and these wingtips definitely grabbed my attention. Speaking of attention...the attention to detail on this shoe is close to perfection. From every possible angle, this shoe strands out. I can't tell you how often I am complimented when I am wearing these shoes and the folks who admire them range in age and style. Being a versatile individual, I reply on a shoe that can support the various avenues of style that I explore. I love that these shoes can easily be dressed down with denim or dressed up with a sleek black suit as seen in this post. These really are the perfect shoe in building a collection and once you are introduced to this brand, you may never stray. For more information on Allen Edmonds and their Recrafting process, see HERE.

EVERYTHING OLD IS NEW AGAIN. AND AGAIN.


SHOP THE MacNEIL 2.0 WINGTIPS HERE AND OTHER SELECT SHOES HERE. NOW $100 OFF.

Breakdown:
SHOP THE LOOK.

  • Vintage 1970s Made in Australia Wide Brim Hat. AMT Vintage. $75.00.
  • 1980s Vintage Bandana. Thrifted. $5.00.
  • Palmer Trading x Dickies Suit. Palmer Trading. SHOP HERE.
  • ALLEN EDMONDS MacNeil Wingtips. ALLEN EDMONDS. SHOP HERE.

Comments

Popular Posts